Blog Journal #4

    I selected the grade 4 standard "Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text." In other words, students should be able to read a text, then watch a visual interpretation of the text and be able to compare and contrast. See what changed between the two and how it affects the story. With my current skill set, I think I might be able to implement this standard with students. I do think, though, that it would be harder for me than a teacher who has more schooling and experience.

    

    For the CPALMS standards, I selected 4th grade ELA. One of my concerns about the CPALMS/BEST standards was that teachers wouldn't have too many resources available to them since they are new, but I was pleasantly surprised to see so many resources for each grade level, subject, and standard. As a teacher, I would use resources such as the lesson plans to guide my own lesson plans in class and as an outline of how to go about teaching new standards. 

    For basic things, internet searching seems quite intuitive. But when searching for more specific resources such as academic journals or books it can be harder. This is why being a proficient searcher is important as a teacher. Not only to be able to find resources for your classes, but to be able to teach your students how to be proficient in searches as well, teaching them what search engines are good to use for different types of searches, how to use good keywords and other tips and tricks that make the searching process a lot faster and easier.

Comments

Popular Posts